More Bookwork

I am listing the books that I currently have on my to-read shelf as a big slap in the face reminder that I do not need to purchase additional books at this time. All these lovely books that I want to get to know and perhaps love and they go neglected because I am an unfaithful greedy bookworm. I can name another thirty that I'd love to run right out and buy RIGHT NOW but I really should start with my current stack.

Atonement by Ian McEwan
Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
A Map of the Known World by Lisa Ann Sandell
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Hunted by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Greywalker by Kat Richardson
Stardust of Yesterday by Lynn Kurland

Unclean Spirits by M.L.N. Hanover is in limbo at the moment. I plan on giving it a few more chapters to improve and if not I'm tossing it in the to-trade pile.

I am also officially abandoning A Wrinkle in Time, regardless of the fact that it makes me an ungrateful, wicked girl to toss aside a book considered by some to be a classic, I'm not going to make myself read something I find so very unappealing. Faith and religion are two entirely separate concepts.

To tell the truth, Atonement has been on that shelf for over a year. I read a few pages into it and I just don't know. I always feel pressure to like a book when it is hailed by so many as a must read but I remind myself that my tastes are not yours and vice versa. Maybe it's ok for me not to like it and that's the reason I haven't finished it. I haven't decided on this one yet.

I tell ya though, I'm going to drop everything and RUN to the store when Finger Lickin' Fifteen comes out. I'm so excited I almost can't stand it. You know exactly what you're going to get with a Stephanie Plum novel, and though they may be a bit repetitious, Evanovich always delivers. I am also on the edge of my seat over Eyes Like Stars which I have been unexplainably drawn to since the first I heard of it.

Anyway, the point is boys and girls is that goodreads.com is the devil.

6 thoughts?:

Mandi June 15, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

I have learned that I have a right not to like a book everyone else does. Has made my reading much more enjoyable ;)

If I was in charge of your tbr I would make you read Time Traveler's Wife. So good....

Unknown June 15, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Some good books on the list! I'm going to try and get through my to-read list this summer!

Natascha De Marco June 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

We are all greedy bookworms, or is that just you and me? lol

Omg read Hunted, and then read atonement and tell me how it was.

May I call you Jane?

Mari - Escape In A Book June 15, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

I feel that I ought to post a list just like yours, I'm greedy and ashamed.

You've got some great books there! The Hunger Games and The Time Traveler's wife are both superb!

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads June 15, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Ok so I think the vote is for The Time Traveler's Wife. So that will be next.

Ms. Cullen- I'm going to read Hunted. As much as it pains me to say it I WILL finish that damn series and then take turns throwing each book at a wall. Can't promise to read Atonement but I'll give it one more shot. I would love to be called Jane! ha ha

Ladybug- Please do make a list! I want to know what you've got sitting around waiting to be read. There might be something on it that makes me go out and buy it immediately and further neglect my current TBR. Which is and isn't a bad thing.

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads June 15, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Shelley- I can't get through my TBR if it doesn't stop growing. I blame goodreads.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.