The Bachelorette Party by Karen McCullah Lutz


     "Still, engagement or not, that's plenty of time for some guy to snatch you up. Are you sure you didn't go lesbian for a couple of years in there somewhere?" He laughed as if this were the wittiest bon mot ever tossed across a dinner table. Zadie took a deep breath, getting ready to retort. Nancy put her hand on Zadie's arm, as if to say "Easy."

     ""Well Doug, there've been some nights where I've had more cocktails than I should have, but I'm pretty certain that I didn't 'go lesbian' at any point in time. How about you? Suck any cock that I should know about?" She took a sip of her wine, just as demure as can be."


Not wanting to let go of my hilarity high left over from Finger Lickin' Fifteen, I chose to dive into this little read because it promised to be extremely funny. It did not disappoint.

Zadie is a recently jilted, understandably bitter ex-fiance of a minor soap opera hunk. After the mourning period was over and she'd sent enough door to door dog poo packages and paid a bum to pee on his car it becomes apparent to her that just maybe it's time to move on. Easily done when you have a fabulous best friend who's a hot shot Hollywood attorney who loves to take part in your latest scheme right? But when her best friend Grey announces that he and her cousin Helen have decided to tie the knot Zadie feels jilted all over again. Not to mention that cousin Helen is picture perfect and pure, far from how Zadie sees herself. She and Grey won't have the good times anymore now that he'll be an other half. But when Grey asks Zadie to get Helen to loosen up during her bachelorette party, no one could have predicted just how loose things would get and Helen may not be so perfect after all.

This was the funniest story. It was raunchy, scandalous and in some cases (Trevor...yum) bordering on obscene. I was fully expecting it to turn into one of those I-must-convince-my-best-guy-friend-to-marry-me instead scenarios but thank goodness it took a totally different direction.

Very quick, hilarious read.

1 thoughts?:

Mari - Escape In A Book July 9, 2009 at 4:58 AM  

This book sounds like fun. Your review makes me want to read it right this instant!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.