Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich


"The upstairs master bath had a crystal chandelier and a bidet. I knew the purpose for the bidet, because I had seen Crocodile Dundee about a hundred times, but I wasn't sure how one actually used a bidet. I mean, does it shoot water up your cooter or do you splash it around? And I thought I might have issues with the crystal chandelier. I wasn't sure I could do number two in a room with a crystal chandelier."

First let me say that I read this book in like 5 hours from start to finish because 1, I've been looking forward to it for a whole year and 2, IT WAS THE FUNNIEST ONE YET. Could not put it down. I don't think I've laughed like that in awhile.

Stephanie Plum, I-Love-Lucy becomes a bounty hunter, has been getting herself into some seriously deadly binds and blowing up her vehicles for 14 straight books now. You can count on Janet Evanovich, she will always give you at least one death, many death threats, one cross dresser, several acts of unwanted nudity, a spandex clad oversized ex-prostitute, a car bomb, a hamster and two of the hottest men ever written in each and every book. You can bank on it. Only this time, the death, the death threats, the cross dresser, the car bomb all revolved around Lula- the spandex clad oversized ex-prostitute. It must have been a nice change for Stephanie who has almost died fourteen times now. The repetition in the series isn't a hindrance, it's a selling point since it's the most entertaining mix of circumstances. Evanovich always delivers and bless her heart, Stephanie always gets her man (maybe even two of them).

Lula witnesses the brutal murder of a television chef famous for his smoking hot barbecue sauce. When the killers find out that there was an eye witness to their dirty deed Lula becomes their next target. Any rational sane person would be scared witless and hiding out to save her ass but not our girl. She enters the barbecue sauce cook off that Chipotle (the chef) was suppose to enter in hopes of catching the murders who have a very nice one million dollar finders fee on their heads. Bless her.
Stephanie and Morelli are not currently speaking to each other, having had a very heated discussion about peanut butter and what should be in it that lead to their most recent separation. Short on cash, Stephanie returns to Rangeman, the security service company owned by the mysterious, elusive DROP FREAKIN' DEAD SMOKIN' HOT Ranger, to do a little inside snooping. Several Rangeman accounts have been compromised and if he doesn't put a stop to the leaks fast, it could put a serious damper on his business.

Throw in a fireman in a Julia Child outfit with a dash of Grandma Mazur and you've got five hours of hysteria that might just upset your neighbors.

The worst part is, now I have to wait until this time next year for another one. She always releases one around my birthday- just for me. Enjoy!

TEAM MORELLI!

4 thoughts?:

Holly June 24, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

I am so excited!! I usually buy her books the day they come out as soon as target opens. This time I have to wait until tomorrow because I am going to her book signing!! yay!

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads June 24, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

I am so jealous! If you get an opportunity to swear your undying love to her, give her mine too!!!!

Holly June 24, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

By the way.. TEAM RANGER!!

Natascha De Marco June 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

Jane, U have 3 awards at my blog, go and pick them up!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.