Betrayed by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast


I swear my IQ dropped 10 points when I made the decision to read the second book in the House of Night series. There was very little merit in Marked but yet, I'll admit I have the whole set setting in a stack on my night stand. What gives?

Well I'll tell you. These books are FUN. They are fast paced, suspenseful, very entertaining and well, not to sound like a gum smacking cheerleader but "totally cool". It's sad sad sad because the writing is almost inexcusable- more specifically, the dialogue. It actually made me cringe in places, but I kept reading because I actually wanted to.

Zoey Redbird is the most gifted vampire fledgling the House of Night has ever seen. After she discovered that the Goddess Nyx had blessed her with an ability to not only call the five elements, but have them readily answer it became apparent to students and faculty that she was destined to some day lead as High Priestess. Now Zoey is the leader of the Dark Daughters, an organization within the House of Night dedicated to the Goddess Nyx. While trying to adjust to her new role, and prepare for the upcoming full moon ritual, Zoey's new abilities are revealing things about the House of Night that make her wonder who's side the school is on. Local human boys are disappearing and someone is trying to make it seem like the House of Night, and the leader of the Dark Daughters, are involved.

Poor Zoey, trying to juggle phenomenal cosmic power, boys and adolescence all at the same time. Oooooh the angst!

I couldn't put this down! What is wrong with me!? I loved it. I had to know what was going to happen next- and SO much happened. It even had me bawling my eyes out at one point and then cheering when Zoey was able to verbally bitch smack her nemesis. Zoey's group of friends are just adorable, her boyfriends (all of them) are hot, and well....there's a cat in this one too.

I'm going to read the rest of them...as long as no one sees me do it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.