Dark Lover by J.R. Ward


So we've all been reading paranormal/urban fantasy romance right? A lot of it has to do with the resurgence of vampire craze brought on by Twilight and if only for that, we are thankful to Meyer. We're reading all this because we're craving a love that is darker, deeper, more intense than what the real world has to offer. Face it, we marry Bob, who is now a slightly over-weight, balding accountant who is a great husband, a wonderful father, our best friend and a terrific companion- and he takes the trash out now and then. We are happy with Bob. But now with all this eternal, star-crossed love resurfacing and in a much hotter package than Romeo, we're looking for a little more variety in our romantic reading. Passion, adventure, a love to die for...

I call bullshit.

What we're really looking for is HOT VAMPIRE SEX.

Beth has a dead end job working for your typical pig boss. She's underappreciated, underpaid and mentally understimulated. With no family, no love interest and no prospects Beth is just hoping for a change, an adventure. After she is physically assaulted by an arrogant, over-indulged, would-be rapist frat boy, adventure shows up slap dab in the middle of her living room in a six-foot-six, dark, sexy, dangerous package.

Wrath is the most fearsome warrior the vampire race has, he is their reluctant king and leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, a unit of deadly fighters who protect the vampire race. With the untimely death of one of his brothers, Wrath must honor the fallen's last wish and protect his daughter Beth as she prepares to enter a dark new chapter in her life.

Oh boy you betcha. J. R. Ward will give you what you want, even if you're too shy to ask for it. But I don't want you to leave here thinking that this is book smut. Ward delivers on so many levels- action, adventure, suspense, mystery, horror, good-cop, bad cop, money, broken hearts, "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles... " and a side order of steaming hot vampire sex on a platter.

Hell there's even a cat.

I was hooked three pages in and before I knew it I was on chapter 12 before I even looked up. I can't wait to pick up the other books in this series, in bulk.

Don't be a greedy reader. When you go and pick up your copy of this book, get one for a friend. You'll thank me, she'll thank you, we'll all thank J.R. Ward.

5 thoughts?:

Natascha De Marco June 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

I am in total agreement with you, we ARE looking for total Hot vampire sex.

This is my favorite series of all time. It has everything you need in it!
Vampires, romance, sex, hot men, war, battle, its own world, etc!

Mandi June 2, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

LOL.."there is even a cat"

Yeah, just go buy the next six in the series...I read the first five back to back.

Brothers are the best:)

Mandi June 2, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

p.s I left a blog award on my site for you. I never know if I am suppose to tell the person or not. So I am telling you just in case you didn't see it:)

http://smexybooks.blogspot.com/2009/05/thursday-things-new-moon-pics-from-set.html

Mari - Escape In A Book June 2, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

This book sounds GREAT! I've promised myself to stop buying books for awhile but....

Mari - Escape In A Book June 2, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

Oh, I almost forgot! I loved your review!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.