Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr



I started reading the first 70 pages of this one online and had to immediately run out and grab it. It's not vampires, it's fairies but in Marr's world there's not a whole heck of a lot of difference because her fairies are vicious!

Aislinn sees fairies. Fairies are everywhere, teasing, touching, toying with their unsuspecting human prey. Aislinn has lived her whole life as a silent witness to their secret world, a gift (or curse) that has been passed down to the women in her family.

"RULE #1- Don't ever attract their attention"


The Summer King has been searching for the girl who will become his summer queen. His chosen will either be the one fated to wear the crown or give up her mortal life and bear the curse of winter until the next girl is chosen- and the Summer King is following Aislinn.

Mortal love, evil fairies, a wicked queen, broken hearts and magic. I loved it. Marr's fairy world brought back images of twisted Froud fae and my beloved, angular, spindly Rackham fairies- beautiful and terrifying at the same time. I fell into a picture book as much as I did a story.

2 thoughts?:

Anonymous May 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Wicked Lovely is amazing! I have FE and cannot wait to read it. It's in my tbr pile.

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads May 16, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

Fragile Eternity is waiting for me on my kindle. Still trying to decide if I need to read Ink Exchange before FE.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.