City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare



"She jabbed a finger at his shoulder. "When did you get that?"
Jace looked down and saw that the spider demon's poison had eaten a hole in his shirt, leaving a good deal of his left shoulder bare. "The shirt? At Macy's. Winter sale."
"The scar. This scar, here on your shoulder."
"Oh, that." Jace wondered at the intensity of her gaze. "I'm not sure. Something that happened when I was very young, my father said. An accident of some kind. Why?"
Breath hissed through the Inquisitor's teeth. "It can't be." she murmured. You can't be-"


I'm going to make this very quick because I have a whole book to devour tonight. Fueled by Almond Joys and Coca Cola, I am immediately beginning the third Mortal Instruments book City of Glass and I'm not going to bed until I finish it. But I needed to go ahead and put down my thoughts about City of Ashes in an effort to make my head stop spinning. I've been on the tilt-a-whirl way too long and now I'm trying to stand up and walk down the ramp but the world is spinning, spinning, spinning.

There's never a moment's rest in Clare's world. It never lets up, no one gets any sleep and I can't really say that things get any better- they just get dealt with. I know I mentioned that the first book reminded me pleasantly of Harry Potter but now I realize it's not the pleasant part I was thinking about. How much heartbreak can you put one person through?

The Clave is suppose to protect it's own, but what will they do now that it's known that one of their youngest, most powerful shadowhunters is the son of the monster who will not stop until their world is remade in his vision? Valentine has stolen the second Mortal Instrument, the Angels Sword and now the Clave and the people he has called family believe that Jace is helping him.

Poor Jace, poor Clary.....poor Simon. It's almost too much.

Like the first book, I give this one 5 stars- a perfect 5 star book keeps you, holds on to you long after you close the cover, refusing to let you out of the story- which is exactly where you want to stay.

I'm a dork. I know it.

4 thoughts?:

Mandi May 26, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

I want this book! Srsly!!! Well, first I want City of Bones. When I am done Wicked Lovely (have you read that?) I am moving on to this series. I love books that are hard to let go of at the end:)

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads May 26, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

You NEED this book. Everyone needs to read this series. I can't stress it enough. Just finished. And Wicked Lovely was very good!

Mandi May 26, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Just read City of Glass review (well - skimmed it..I don't like to know too much before I start a series:) I am definitely picking these up as soon as I finish Fragile Eternity:)

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads May 26, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

I can't stress enough how good this series is. I just hope once you read it you feel the same way! But don't even think of adding Jace to your boyfriend list- he's MINE.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.