Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs



Book 2 of the Mercy Thompson series. What is it about boys and girls?? Why VAMPIRES, of course! I'm oh so happy.

I LOVE this series. Screw being a princess...I wanna be a shape-shifter-coyote-mechanic-who-is-lusted-after-by-the-sexiest-and-most-powerful-of-the-werewolves-and-now-vampires ASS KICKER. I'd be her more girlie side kick- we'd beat the hell out of the bad guys and go get pedicures after (for all our paws).

In Blood Bound Mercy and the wolf pack are hot on the trail of a rogue demon/vampire who is terrorizing Tri-Cities. Though it's something the local vampire seethe should be taking care of, the sorcerer turned vampire has proven to be more than Stefan can handle. In this second book, Brigg's shows us the inner workings of her vampire world as well as some more wolf pack politics. I'm really amazed by the depth and history she's putting into her characters. Even supporting characters are written with such depth that I was left with no doubt of their places in the story. There is a romantic element to the series, that while not prominent (so far) is intriguing because of why Mercy won't let it happen.

I stayed up until 2 in the morning devouring this book and at the climatic moment in the story, the dying battery SCREECH alarm on the smoke detector started sounding. So I balanced on a chair, book in hand, still reading and beat the hell out of the smoke alarm with a broom handle until it stopped. Then I finished my book while the sad little half plugged-in battery dangled defectively from the ceiling.

It wasn't exactly vampire slaying, but still, I think Mercy would be proud.

1 thoughts?:

Anonymous May 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

Hiya, just found your blog and have to say I love the name.

I haven't read any of the Mercy Thompson books yet, but I hear they are just so wonderful.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.