Book Hunting



And here is what I caught:

Because I like dirty vampire books.

Which I really wanted but I'm kinda disappointed that it was a different cover- yes I am that shallow.

Recommended by the super cool book chick that works at the local B&N who suggested the Mortal Instruments series and hated Breaking Dawn.

There is a little paperback buy/trade store 45 minutes from me that I affectionately like to call "The Crazy Bookstore." It's packed, floor to ceiling with paperbacks- in boxes, in bags, on shelf after endless shelf and it's all organized in some strange system that I could never begin to grasp. I love this store. I can hand my to-read list to the lady and she will return in seconds with any cheap, well loved copies of my books as well as recommendations for others. She can tell you off the top of her head anything an author has ever written, new and old. On top of all that she has half a dozen cats running around the shop. Books and cats. Can't beat that. Thank you Crazy Bookstore lady for these finds.

7 thoughts?:

Alaine May 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

I am also 'that' shallow, I bought the whole series for the cover LOL. Unfortunately I really only loved book no. 2.

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads May 29, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

Hmmmm....maybe it'll be better with a different cover? Maybe? I'm desperate for another book to love since City of Glass dumped me. I shouldn't be reading anything until I recover from my Mortal Instruments addiction. First I need to get a plant, keep it alive for a year.....

Mandi May 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

I am a total JR Ward junkie..can't wait to see what you think of Dark Lover.

I couldn't even finish Poison Study. Just boring (but I know lots of peeps that liked it!)

I love bookstores like that..I have a used bookstore near me that this little old man runs.Books are just stacked everywhere. I love it. I could spend every day there. I want to buy it if he ever retires. (I swear he is at least 85 yrs old) My husband doesn't know that yet:)

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads May 29, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

I think you should tell your husband to consider how much money you'd save on books by owning your own bookstore. Kind of like when you buy those $300 shoes on SALE you've acutally saved money.

Mandi May 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

lol...exactly. I will own it in my dreams:)

Natascha De Marco May 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

I am a JR Ward FANATIC! The Black Dagger Brotherhood is my number 1 series. It has romance, battles, war, vampires, hot men, a fricking good plot, and raw amazing characters, what more can a girl ask for?

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads May 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Ms. Cullen- Nothing! If you are asking for anything more than hawt vampires you're just GREEDY. I can't wait to start it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.