Queen of Dragons



So this is tough- I'm not going to finish reading this book. This has only happened a few times in my life. Once I start a book, no matter how bad, I'm committed. I mean I made myself finish Breaking Dawn (and not beat up the author), I even completed that crap book about the unlikable cow who makes etch-a-sketch art, you know, wossname, I can't remember- it was from Oprah's book club.

I don't want anyone to think that this was a bad book. Nothing Shana Abé writes could ever be bad. It's not possible. She is a splendid story teller. I fell in love with The Last Mermaid and read it over and over. I loved the first two drakon books. BUT THIS BOOK IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE FIRST TWO. OMG, like really could you maybe NOT tell the same story over again only changing the name of the characters? While Abé's writing is almost musical and poetic at times- it's the same song on repeat.

So anyway, read about 2/3 of it and I'm giving it three stars just because I know that if you read it on it's own and not following the first two books, you'd love her too.

3 thoughts?:

Mandi May 23, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

I no longer finish books I don't like...it has made my life much easier:) I do give the book 150 pages..and it is rare that I put it down. But sometimes you have to.

(Breaking Dawn...ugh! Are we allowed to beat up Stephanie Meyers??? :)

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads May 23, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

I would say yes, but I want to hold off until we see if she's going to redeem herself with Midnight Sun or hell, I'd even look the other way and not laugh if she just wrote an alternate 4th book. I loathe her, but love Twilight.

Mandi May 23, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

True..I want Midnight Sun. I loved the first three books and The Host. I am a hussy for New Moon movie info too:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.