Waiting on Wednesday (4)



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, in which we share the book that we are anxiously waiting to be released.

Want want want.


The Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson
Published: July 1st 2010 by Scholastic Press

When Adrianne comes face-to-face with the mermaid of Windwaithe Island, of whom she has heard terrible stories all her life, she is convinced the mermaid means to take her younger sister. Adrianne, fierce-willed and courageous, is determined to protect her sister from the mermaid, and her family from starvation. However, the mermaid continues to haunt Adrianne in her dreams and with her song.

Yet, when the islanders find out about Adrianne's encounters with the mermaid she is scorned, for this small and superstitious community believes the mermaid will bring devastation to the island if Adrianne does not give herself to the sea.

A powerful and lyrical story of one girl who must choose between having everything and having those she loves.

6 thoughts?:

Jan von Harz June 16, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

This sound awesome. I will definitely be looking for this one next month.

CHRISTIE June 16, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

This is new to me. It sounds fascinating. Great choice!

Laurel-Rain Snow June 16, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Haven't heard of this one...love that cover.

Here's mine:

http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/waiting-on-wednesday-14/

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog June 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Great pick! I love any book with mermaids!!

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads June 17, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

Carrie- Any book that even hints about mermaids just makes me squeal with childish delight. I do so love mermaids and still plan on being one when I grow up.

Amy June 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Looks like another I have to add to my list! I have an award for you here.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.