Teaser Tuesday (5)



"Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!"


The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

"Gentry was two different things, and at night, I could always see that second thing better. The town was its green suburban lawns, sure, but it was also its secrets. The kind of place where people double-checked the locks at night or pulled their kids closer in the grocery store. They hung horseshoes over their front doors and put up bells instead of wind chimes. They wore crosses made from stainless steel instead of gold because gold couldn't protect them from people like me."


Ok so it's more than 2 sentences but I wanted to TORTURE YOU! The Replacement comes out September 21st 2010. Add it to your TBR!

You can read Brenna's blog here: Brenna Yovanoff

4 thoughts?:

Jan von Harz June 29, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Sound awesome. Love the description of Gentry

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read June 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

This is such a great teaser! I would really like to read this book, must put it on my TBR list.

Cecelia June 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Sounds like the speaker is a...menace? Or at least the townspeople think so. I'm intrigued! Nice teaser.

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Mari - Escape In A Book June 30, 2010 at 2:46 AM  

Heeey, now I want to know more! But I guess that really is the point LOL

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.