Waiting on Wednesday (13) Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, in which we share the book that we are anxiously waiting to be released.

The sure to be fabulous sequel to Hex Hall has finally gotten its cover and it's gorgeous! Hex Hall was such a fun book and we were left with a major cliffhanger. I must know what happens next! Demonglass will be published March 1st 2011 by Hyperion.


Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
From Goodreads:

Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?

5 thoughts?:

TheBookGirl October 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

This has been a popular pick this week :)
Hope you enjoy it!

CHRISTIE October 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Popular pick today! Definite push I need to finally read Hex Hall.

Crystal @ RBtWBC October 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

I've been seeing this one all day, I must go out and get the first book!

Great pick!
http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

Lori October 27, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

I hope when you get your book, that you will enjoy it as much as you hope to. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

danya October 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

I'm looking forward to Demonglass too - Hex Hall was a fun read! Also I like that the second cover looks a lot like the first :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.