In My Mailbox (24)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren in which we share the books we received for the week.


Delirium by Lauren Oliver
From Goodreads:
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

For review from NetGalley, and next on my TBR. This sounds amazing.


First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
From Goodreads:
A smashing, award-winning debut novel that introduces Charley Davidson: part-time private investigator and full-time Grim Reaper.

Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to“go into the light. But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.

This is a thrilling debut novel from an exciting newcomer to the world of paranormal romantic suspense.

This little treasure came from a friendly bookfairy. The cover is gorgeous!


Afterlife by Claudia Gray
From Goodreads:
The fourth book in this electrifying vampire series has all the romance, suspense, and page-turning drama that have made Claudia Gray’s Evernight books runaway successes.

Having become what they feared most, Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality. They must return to Evernight Academy, Lucas as a vampire and Bianca as a wraith. But Lucas is haunted by demons, both personal and supernatural. Bianca must help him fight the evil inside him, combat the forces determined to drive them apart—and find the power to claim her destiny at last.

Readers have fallen in love with Bianca and Lucas, and they will be thrilled to read this exciting conclusion to their romantic adventure.


For review from NetGalley. Why am I not on vacation so that I can read all these NOW.


Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
From Goodreads:The Brothers Grimm tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses is vibrantly retold and set in a fictionalized nineteenth-century Europe. Galen, a soldier (and knitter) returning home from war, encounters an old woman who gives him an invisibility cloak and yarn possessing magical powers. While working as a gardener at the palace, he encounters the princess, Rose, and her 11 younger sisters. Because of a secret bargain their mother made with the evil King Under Stone, the princesses are cursed to dance each night till their shoes are worn ragged. Aided by the good magic held in his yarn, Galen solves the puzzle that has stumped many a prince and earns Rose’s love and hand in marriage. Though cursed and in need of rescue, the sisters are feisty and cunning—not passive victims of their fate. Galen’s magical knitting patterns will appeal to teens fond of this trendy hobby. This is a well-realized and fast-paced fantasy-romance that will find favor among fans of fairy tales, feisty heroines, and dashing young men with strength, cunning, and sensitivity.


I know that I just put this On My Wishlist but I took Mum to Lemuria Books today and they had a copy. It was fate.

18 thoughts?:

Misha October 10, 2010 at 1:51 AM  

Delirium looks amazing!! You've had a great week.
Here's what I got In My Mailbox

kirsty at the overflowing library October 10, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

very jealous of delerium!

the story siren October 10, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

oh awesome books this week! afterlife! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

Jennifer October 10, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

I just saw a little something about First Grave on the Right the other day. I'm interested in seeing what you think of it.

Lisa_sps October 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Great IMM ! I'm jealous I really wanted Delirium and Afterlife.
Here is my IMM ( http://lisafragments.blogspot.com/ )

Anonymous October 10, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Awesome post! After reading so may things about Delirium, I think I am going to have to read it for myself! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

basma aal October 10, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

Awesome books..here is my IMML http://basma-aal.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-my-mailbox-7.html

Kathy Martin October 10, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

Great mailbox! Princess of the Midnight Ball is somewhere on my TBR stack too. I love her writing. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

Kelly October 10, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Great mailbox! I'm really excited for Delirium. Enjoy!

Gaby G October 10, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

I'll have to check Netgalley this week ;) Awesome books!

Happy Reading!
In My Mailbox

Belinda October 10, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

Dont you just love Netgalley? I'm with you on wishing it was time for a vacation. I could sit and read forever :)Enjoy

Come by and see my experimental IMMB

Gabrielle Carolina October 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Wow, I am so entirely Jel of, Delerium, I cannot wait to read what you think of it. If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/10/imm-6.html
Blessings,
Gabrielle

Amelia October 10, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

OH SNAP! You're rocking out the Delirium! Very nice. :) Got some awesome books this week!

Why not declare an book blogger all around vacation right now!? Everyone's always complaining about our lack of education...reading helps educate us! So I declare vacation until further notice.

*nods*

XD Hasta luego, chica! Happy reading!

-Amelia

Little Miss Becky October 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

I got Delerium, too---excited for us!! I can't wait to read this one. I love the cover of Princess of the Midnight Ball! Will have to look for that one!

Page (One Book At A Time) October 10, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

I so want to read First Grave on the Right! I love the cover!

Tara October 10, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Yay! Great books! I hope you have a wonderful reading week!

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

~The Book Pixie October 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Afterlife, Delirium, and Princess of the Midnight Ball are all on my wishlist! Hope you enjoy your books. :D

~Briana

Rachel October 11, 2010 at 12:31 AM  

I have seen Delirium and Afterlife pop up a few time today, both have been added to my list :)

Come and visit me tomorrow for a new meme, On My Radar :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.