On My Wishlist (2)



"On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here."


This is such a fun meme. We're all wishing away for books, why not share what we pine for with other! Unfortunately, sharing your wishlists ends up increasing mine and thus keeping me locked in a never ending cycle of bookwant but it's still fun!


A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas
Published:October 14th 2008 by St. Martin's Press
From Goodreads:The Wallflowers are four young ladies in London who banded together in their wild and wickedly wonderful searches for true love. Now happily married, they join together once again to help one of the world’s most notorious rogues realize that happiness might be right under the mistletoe.…It’s Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady in waiting and, if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants. However, Christmas works in the most unexpected ways, changing a cynic to a romantic and inspiring passion in the most timid of hearts. A Wallflower Christmas takes a trip to Victorian London, under the mistletoe, and on a journey of the heart. With her trademark charm, sensuality, and unforgettable characters, there’s no one like Lisa Kleypas to make you believe in the magic of Christmas.

I only have a handful of pages left in Secrets of a Summer Night (which is the first Wallflowers book but I read them out of order) and I don't want the stories to end! I adore these books. A goodreads search revealed this little treasure so I'm happy to discover that I'll get one more visit with my Wallflower friends! If you haven't read this series you are really missing out!


Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Published:April 27th 2010 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books (first published January 20th 2009)
From Goodreads:The Brothers Grimm tale The Twelve Dancing Princesses is vibrantly retold and set in a fictionalized nineteenth-century Europe. Galen, a soldier (and knitter) returning home from war, encounters an old woman who gives him an invisibility cloak and yarn possessing magical powers. While working as a gardener at the palace, he encounters the princess, Rose, and her 11 younger sisters. Because of a secret bargain their mother made with the evil King Under Stone, the princesses are cursed to dance each night till their shoes are worn ragged. Aided by the good magic held in his yarn, Galen solves the puzzle that has stumped many a prince and earns Rose’s love and hand in marriage. Though cursed and in need of rescue, the sisters are feisty and cunning—not passive victims of their fate. Galen’s magical knitting patterns will appeal to teens fond of this trendy hobby. This is a well-realized and fast-paced fantasy-romance that will find favor among fans of fairy tales, feisty heroines, and dashing young men with strength, cunning, and sensitivity.

I think someone had this on there OMW last week and now I wantz it. I just love fairytale retellings!


Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
Published:July 8th 2010 by Hodder & Stoughton
From Goodreads:
When journalist Ellie looks through her newspaper's archives for a story, she doesn’t think she'll find anything of interest. Instead she discovers a letter from 1960, written by a man asking his lover to leave her husband – and Ellie is caught up in the intrigue of a past love affair. Despite, or perhaps because of her own romantic entanglements with a married man.

In 1960, Jennifer wakes up in hospital after a car accident. She can't remember anything – her husband, her friends, who she used to be. And then, when she returns home, she uncovers a hidden letter, and begins to remember the lover she was willing to risk everything for. Ellie and Jennifer's stories of passion, adultery and loss are wound together in this richly emotive novel – interspersed with real 'last letters'.

I first saw this featured at Bookalicious Ramblings and it has been on my wishlist for awhile. Unless I am mistaken, it is only available in the UK so I may have to break down and oh wait bookdepository says it'll be in US February 2011. I can wait. Breathe. Can wait. Can.

6 thoughts?:

Miss Page-Turner October 9, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

Oh wow the last one on your wishlist directly caught my attention! Great cover, hopefully great story aswell...If you like to check out my wishlist: http://misspageturnerscityofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/on-my-wishlist-1.html

Amy October 9, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

I haven't tried any of these authors but I might have to take a closer look now! Thanks for sharing! Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2010/10/on-my-wishlist-19.html

Anonymous October 9, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

I just add Last Letters from your Lover to my TBR list :) Hope you get to read these soon!

My wishlist.

justpeachy36 October 9, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Wow! Great choices... Looks like you are a historical fiction fan.... so am I, among other genres... Hope you get these soon!

Lori L. Clark Art October 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

The book on your "reading right now" link is one that was on my wishlist before. :) I'm not a historical fiction fan, but your titles look great.

I've posted my Wishlist here!

pussreboots October 9, 2010 at 5:17 PM  

Here's what I'm wishing for this week.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.