Bookwork 11/22-11/28



Explain to me why I keep buying books when I currently don't have any time to read them?

Was digging through the bargain books at Books-a-Million when I came across:

1. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
2. Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
3. The Wide Window: A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Which brings my To-Read total up to 42 on the shelf, 3 currently reading and 9 on the Kindle. 49 books to read, that I own. Yeah. I need an intervention

How about you? What's your total?

6 thoughts?:

Cecelia November 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

It WAS at about 65, but I returned a good 20 to the library. And about half of what are left need to go too. Then I'll slowly work my way through what I have...

Good luck with yours!

Sandy November 24, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

I originally went through my finishing pile but then I started winning contests and the pile magically came back... Right now I have like five books to read? I think. It's less than ten if I remember correctly.

The Truth About Forever<3!

Dayuuum. That's a lot of books to go through. I hope you enjoy each and every one :)

Moony November 24, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Because you suffer from the same compulsion to acquire books like the rest of us? :)

I just bought a new book today... I think my total is 34 now. At least it's not 150 like it was at one time. Now that's when you know that you have a problem! I could easily knock off the next Ranger's Apprentice book that I have on my shelf if I wanted to because it should only take a few hours to read. I keep feeling like I should read books that have been languishing on the shelves for longer though... XDD;;;

Katy November 29, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

I am suffering from the same affliction. I'm scared to go count up the unread books on my shelf that I'm planning to read. And yet I am wanting to buy 6 more books in the BookCloseouts.com sale. LOL What is wrong with me? I just can't pass up a good deal!

Suzanne Yester November 29, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

My name is Suzanne and I am a bookaholic! I'm an reader, but I'm also a bookaholic- I just can't resist buying a book that sounds good or a good book that is priced too good to pass up! I knew there were other people in my "club", but it's nice to come out of the closet! :D

Lawral the Librarian November 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

I have about 10 books in my current TBR pile, but this in now way includes all of the unread books that live in my house! I don't even want to think of all the books in the extended TBR bookshelf...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.