Bookwork 11/18-11/21


Good Morning! It's been a long time since my last Bookwork and I know how "oh I'm sorry for not blogging" posts aren't in right now but as I went from lots o' blogging to none I think an explanation is needed. Recently I ran out of book room so I had to buy my books a house. It's a very frustrating process and I don't recommend doing it if you don't have to. That said, I did it and I'm starting to recover. My books aren't happy though as they are all haphazardly stacked up in the spare bedroom awaiting shelving. That's also the reason for the delay in opening the No Kill Book Shelter. The GOOD news is, in unpacking books I've found SEVERAL candidates for the shelter so when it opens there will be more lovelies to adopt.

My schedule is all over the place and I'm reading different things in different locations. For instance:
1. In the bathtub (where you read cheap, free or battered paperbacks) I'm reading Stardust of Yesterday by Lynn Kurland.
2. At work on the kindle (don't tell my boss) I'm reading Tempted by Team Cast. I'm over half way through and nothing has happened yet. I CAN'T WAIT to tell you what I think of the latest installment in the HoN series.
3. At stoplights and in waiting rooms I am reading The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan.

Shadowland by Alyson Noel, the third book in the Immortals series and the follow up to Blue Moon is out. I loved Evermore but was extremely disappointed in Blue Moon but I genuinely feel that Noel has a lot to offer as a writer so I'm giving her another shot.

To-Read list has grown considerably thanks to the unpacking. Once I get things shelved I may have to do some trimming. I've been so out of touch with the book blog community lately that I have no idea what y'all are reading so feel free to tell me about it. I've missed you!

5 thoughts?:

Sandy November 18, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

And I've missed you! :)

Right now there's a lot of excitement for The Fallen by Lauren Kate and Beautiful Creatures is sooo close to being released (but it's already out and about in certain places!) Ummm, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa has an official cover now and it's awesome! :D

Your books might be grumpy now but they'll feel better once they have a new home xD. I need a bookcase myself... my current one is ready to collapse. I'm surprised it hasn't already.

Sandy November 18, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

I forgot to mention that I love your header. The first picture on the left is especially gorgeous ;)

Natascha De Marco November 18, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

The cover of The Fallen is awesome. That's the main reason why there is such a fuss about it hahaha

Also welcome back.

Moony November 18, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

I could use a new bookcase for all my manga volumes.

I am like 75 pages into Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig, but I'm not really enjoying it. I'm also reading Beyond the Shadows by Brent Weeks. It's the last book in the Night Angel trilogy. I'll be glad to finish it.

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads November 24, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Penguin- the lady on the left is an illustration by Arthur Rackham that was in Peter Pan.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.