"Start at the beginning....and when you get to the end- stop."

“Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing” – To Kill a Mockingbird

My sojourn into nursing school has kept me from my novels. While I’m a little resentful of that, I can appreciate the necessity of replacing stories that take me out of this world, with knowledgeable books that will teach me to keep people in it.

So I’ve been studying. Anatomy, pharmacology, medical-surgical nursing, psychiatric nursing, pediatric nursing, and on and on. I know a few things (just a few) and I am about to graduate.

I have a friend. Very odd gentleman that opened a gift shop that sells the strangest mixture of stuff. He has had the store for years, way before I knew him, with his prime motivation being to find employment that allowed him to read from 9am to 9pm every day.

In my post-academic haze I envy him so much right now. I feel rather loosely tied to things when not in the middle of a novel. Reading is my happy place. Days are filled with things quite beyond our control (and some well within), messes, work and doing. Knowing that at the end of all of it I can sit down and relax in any time, country or universe I choose (from the comfort of my own chair, without the need for any additional shots) makes the daily doing that much more bearable.

So now that I once again have some time to devote to my passion, all those shiny new covers are all but irresistible. The entries on this blog really won't be reviews, more so just listening to myself talk.

Pray that I don’t go broke.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.