Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Seeking solace from my recent bout of post-traumatic stress disorder caused, no doubt, by my jaunt into the small town of Forks and subsequent premature severing of my stay there (yes I'm still bitter), I joined my literary partner in crime at Barnes and Noble for a book fix.

I had thought about possibly giving Breaking Dawn a second read to see if just maybe, maybe it was me who missed the point- but screw it. I will most likely reread my copy of Twilight over and over until the pages fall out but I don't think I'll ever allow myself passed that point.

"I have faults enough, but they are not, I hope, of understanding...My good opinion once lost, is lost forever." - Mr. Darcy Pride and Prejudice

Various blogs and suggestions have lead me to these:

The Forgotten Garden- Kate Morton
Stardust- Neil Gaiman
Need- Carrie Jones
Evernight- Claudia Gray
Queen of Dragons- Shana Abe (with a flick above the "e" that I'm not nearly talented enough to make)

Looking forward to the Gaiman book. I enjoyed Good Omens a great deal but I attributed that to my love of Pratchett so I'd like to see how he does on his own. Need was an impulse buy because the cover was gold and shiny and I am like an old crow (or a magpie if we want to be more poetic) in that respect. Evernight I picked up because I wanted to read Stardust, even though I meant to jump off the vampire bandwagon after Twilight. Apparently vampires are still all the rage and well- when in Rome...

I've read the previous Abe books- >:) which is why I am reading the next one...and the next one...and the next one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.