Books and Bikinis Summer Reading Challenge!



I don't know about where you are but here the temperature is already in the 90s. Yes girls and boys summertime is upon us and that means it's time for BEACH READS! To get in the summer spirit and to help cool you off, I'm proposing the Books and Bikinis Summer Reading Challenge. This is an easy one, so don't worry. All you have to do is read 10 books this summer that have a water theme! It's a great summer for it because there are so many mermaid books coming out and what better way to cool off than with stories that make a splash.

Here is a list of reads I've found to get you started. You don't have to read these books, (but you'll want to) and some of them are being released this summer.

Any book with a water theme applies!

Siren by Tricia Rayburn

Hardcover, 352 pages
July 13th 2010 by EgmontUSA



The Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson

Hardcover, 304 pages
July 1st 2010 by Scholastic Press




Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

Hardcover, 320 pages
June 1st 2010 by Katherine Tegen Books




Sea by Heidi R. Kling

Hardcover, 336 pages
June 10th 2010 by Putnam Juvenile




Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

Hardcover, 292 pages
June 1st 2009 by Point




The Summer of Moonlight secrets by Danette Haworth

Hardcover, 288 pages
May 25th 2010 by Walker Books for Young Readers




The Last Mermaid by Shana Abé

Mass Market Paperback, 592 pages
June 1st 2004 by Bantam




The Changeling Sea by Patricia A. McKillip

Mass Market Paperback, 144 pages
April 14th 2003 by Puffin (first published 1988)




Seven Tears into the Sea by Terri Farley

Paperback, 288 pages
April 5th 2005 by Simon Pulse




The Siren by Kiera Cass

Paperback, 276 pages
July 7th 2009 by iUniverse.com


And still more:

The Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz Kessler
Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli
Aquamarine by Alice Hoffman

So far, for me:

1. The Siren by Kiera Cass
2. Seven Tears into the Sea by Terri Farley

Use the Mr. Linky to link to the page where you will list the books you read for the challenge. Feel free to leave book suggestions in comments so that others can add them to their list!


4 thoughts?:

Raspberry May 31, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

Sorry - I posted and everything and then forgot to do the linky myself! :)

Christine June 30, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

Hi Jane!
What a great idea for a summer reading challenge and I simply ADORE the graphic you created for it, too. It almost makes me want to join just so I could sport that graphic on my sidebar! ;) But I just know I can't read 10 books this summer that fit that criteria... so I'll just observe this time around. AND I may read one or two anyway. I have had Shana Abe's The Last Mermaid on my shelf for ages and might just be inspired to read it over the summer. Also, I have been searching for the perfect book to fit the criteria for reading a book with a body of water in the title for another challenge I'm in and I think I just found it on your blog! I'm going to read Seven Tears into the Sea! Thanks so much for highlighting that book! :D

Great summer reading inspiration!

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads July 1, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

Christine- Thank you and feel free to sport the graphic even if you can't join! Read The Last Mermaid. It is three absolutely beautiful love stories that you'll never forget. I've read it twice now. She's a fabulous romance writer. I haven't started Seven Tears... yet so if you get to it before me let me know about your review.

Christine July 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Thanks! It is a very clever idea for a summer challenge. Maybe I'll link up and just do what I can.

I love Abe's writing, too. I think I have all of her books on my shelf except for the latest Drakon one... Time Weaver is it? I've only read Intimate Enemies and her first two Drakon books... loved all three.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.