BBAW Community: In which I say nice things about people.....for a change.



It's Book Blogger Appreciation Week, kind of like our own private bookish Thanksgiving. Today's topic is on Community:
Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!

Ok, so I'm late doing this and to be honest I had no idea of its existence until all the posts showed up in my blog feed. I thought I'd jump in because

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY


And I will say it with my own personal blend of eloquence, randomness and piss. As expected.

Being a part of this awesome community of bloggers is a wonderful privilege and I'm very grateful for it. I can say with all honesty that the blogs I visit everyday have time and time again, put me through a whole range of emotions- elations and rages alike, and I thank you for it. The stories were already out there, but you made me feel them.

Melissa @ Book Nut- Did you know that The Book Nut is what made me start my blog? Well it is. I'm amazed at the quantity and diversity of books she's read and reading. Somehow Melissa has managed to read everything I've ever loved? How is that? I love that she gets Pratchett. The wisdom and honesty conveyed in her reviews are the marks of a good witch. I wish her a very nice hat.

Sandy @ Pirate Penguin Reads- Is infinitely more fun than an entire roll of bubble wrap. I like our book chats and the fact that we can both have an "OMG!WOW!SQUEAL!SWOON!CRY!" fan-girl moment together over a book and still look cool. She's been an excellent book-bloggy mentor too btw. I appreciate her answering my (constant) "do you think I could get away with doing this (random thing here)?" questions and not having me committed.

Angie @ Angieville- Every new and wonderful book that has made its way permanently into my heart over the past two years has been because of Angie. I don't think anyone can love a book like she can. Books should consider it a great honor. I know it's just a book review, but she can make them glow. I also blame her for almost my entire TBR shelf and my love for Richard Armitage that will leave me forever wanting.

Donna @ Bites- When I am old and gray, and sitting in my rocking chair on my front porch, throwing bad books at the neighborhood brats who dare to come into my yard, I feel confident that Donna will be right there with me, or at the very least across the street and we will throw books at each other. If ever I feel myself caving under the pressure to write a nicey-nice, kiss-ass, I-want-every-one-to-like-me review, I stop and think WWDD? Well, she'd tell them all to piss off, so I say screw it and write what I feel. Donna can be inspiring in that way. She's fearless.

You're wonderful book peeps :)

"You're brave. You are the bravest person I know, and you are my friend. I don't care if you are imaginary."
— Neil Gaiman (The Graveyard Book)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.