Ode To Netflix...and other assorted nonsense

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly
thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.

Oh wait. That's Vogon poetry and that doesn't at all convey the extent of my love for Netflix.

I have never been a big TV watcher. In the past I would get hooked on the odd program now and again but I've never been a die hard TV fan and I'm not one for background noise (or any noise at all) so I don't just keep the TV on to keep it on. Recently though, I've need to unwind a bit and one can only watch movie adaptations of Jane Austen's books 4,165,344 times before you need to take at least one day off before you watch again, so I started browsing through the Instant Queue movie options on Netflix and now I'm addicted.

First, I watched North and South, a BBC mini series of Elizabeth Gaskell's book by the same title. It is romantic, beautiful, poetic, heartbreaking and it introduced me to Richard Armitage.


Take a moment to catch your breath and I'll continue.

Now. I've only watched North and South 4,165,344 times and I even bought the DVD set and have as of yet managed not to lick the cover. I've shown great restraint.

Next, Netflix introduced me to various other BBC miniseries and Masterpiece Classic productions, some so so, some wonderful. I found a miniseries of one of Ms. Gaskell's other titles Wives and Daughters which is another lovely and romantic work. Ms. Gaskell, you and I must become better acquainted. I believe we can be friends.

Then there were various others, Daniel Deronda and such and I finally watched The Young Victoria perhaps one of the most beautiful and real love stories of all time and I never even knew it existed.


Then, my beloved whose Netflix account is the one being subjected to all of my female nonsense, secure in his own manhood, he placed Downton Abbey in the instant queue for me and I fell head over heels in love. It's a Masterpiece theater original series that just completed season one. Season Two isn't scheduled to be released until Winter of 2012. That's torture in its purest form right there. This is an AMAZING show. It details the lives of the gentry and servants on a prosperous English estate prior to World War I. Watch this.


And while all of these shows have been wonderful and provided the escape that I've needed, they were lacking in the one thing that made me fall in love with Netflix in the first place, Richard Armitage. So I placed all three seasons of BBC's Robin Hood in instant queue and I found this:


THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is Richard Armitage as the villainous Sir Guy of Gisborne and you are very welcome.

Here is a link to Netflix to make the process your heart is going through at the moment easier: Netflix: Where You Can Stalk Richard Armitage For As Little As $14.99 A Month. Run along now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.