Support Your Local No Kill Book Shelter


The No Kill Book Shelter for Books I Didn't Like


Just because one person didn't appreciate a book doesn't mean that someone else won't absolutely love it. The books you'll find here in the shelter have been badly neglected and unloved. In some instances they've even been verbally abused. Book violence is a very serious issue, one that we should all do our part to remedy. Support your local No Kill Book Shelter and give a bad book a second chance.

Books currently living in the shelter:



We will begin accepting applications for adoption on Monday. Details on the adoption process will be posted then.

***********

Now before you throw a fit, these are books that *I* did not enjoy, not horrible pieces of crap that I'm trying to pawn off on you. These stories had merit, it's just that personally I didn't find them appealing. So far, I'm aware that the four current books in the shelter were books that many people loved and I bet one or two of them you actually want to read or did at one time. It's a fun way to win a book and give it a review that shows some love!

7 thoughts?:

Sandy September 26, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Aww, poor books. I'd personally love to adopt all four :D

Especially Shiver. The poor thing! *pats its little binding*

Moony September 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

I would be interested in adopting Shiver.

Cecelia September 27, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

I'd adopt A Map of the Known World...it's in my TBR pile and due at the library soon, anyway. :) Cute post.

heatherzilla September 29, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Cute idea! I will have to put in an application.

Ladytink_534 October 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

Need, Shiver, and Blue Moon are in my TBR pile... What an adorable idea!

Libby's Library October 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

I've got a husband, 10 kids, 14 grandkids, 2 dogs, and 100's of books. 4 more wouldn't make a bit of difference...so I'd be happy to adopt them.

Jenny Girl October 24, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

This is hilarious! I have no problem with you not liking books that everyone else seems to love. Haven't read these but there have been several over the past year, that I thought were meh, and people just got the vapors over.

Great idea!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.