Bookwork 7/14-7/18


I'm way behind on my bookwork this week. I've been a bad book blogger and have neglected my blog. Truthfully it's been a slow reading week. After the Lover Enshrined let down I just really didn't want to dive back into another story. Make no mistake, I'm still very much in love with the awesomeness that is J.R. Ward and I have no doubt she will make it up to me in the last book. Which can be added to this week's kindle noms. Have I mentioned that I love my kindle?

I shamelessly purchased:
1. Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward
2. Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
3. Call of the Highland Moon by Kendra Leigh Castle

I bought a copy of Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz and how come the first part starts out exactly like City of Bones? I will hurt this book if it turns out to be a god-awful, copy-cat mess.

Finished the first season of True Blood (groupie obsessed cheerleader squeal).

I'd like some suggestions for funny reads. My TBR is full but it has an appetite for some funny. Can you help?

4 thoughts?:

Mandi July 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

First of all, Lover Avenged will bring back classic JR Ward. Don't let Phury get you down ;)

Ink Exchange was all kinds of good.

I really liked Blue Bloods but I am not sure why..not a lot really happens in the book but I want to read the next one.

True Blood is gooooood.

For funny - I don't know. I don't do a lot of funny. I just read Julia Quinn's What Happens in London and smiled and laughed..but it is more cute laugh than funny laugh.

Natascha De Marco July 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

hmm, I hear George Carlin's books are very funny!

U ok with atheism?

Moony July 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man by Tim Allen
The Year of the Angry Rabbit by Russell Braddon
Gracie: A Love Story by George Burns

I've found these books to be pretty fun.

Oh, and I have something for you on my blog! ^_~

Laura @ A Jane of All Reads July 16, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

Thank you for the suggestions!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.