Waiting on Wednesday (14)



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, in which we share the book that we are anxiously waiting to be released.

SCREAM!I waited so long to read Incarceron, wanting to hold off until as close to the sequel as possible. I've been hearing so much buzz about Sapphique that somewhere in my brain I thought that surely it must be getting close to release day. So I decided to read Incarceron and I LOVED IT! Then I look up the release date for Sapphique and NO! it doesn't come out until December 28th and I am tortured!! Incarceron was an amazing adventure and I simply MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!


Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
From Goodreads:

The only one who escaped . . . And the one who could destroy them all.

Incarceron, the living prison, has lost one of its inmates to the outside world: Finn’s escaped, only to find that Outside is not at all what he expected. Used to the technologically advanced, if violently harsh, conditions of the prison, Finn is now forced to obey the rules of Protocol, which require all people to live without technology. To Finn, Outside is just a prison of another kind, especially when Claudia, the daughter of the prison’s warden, declares Finn the lost heir to the throne. When another claimant emerges, both Finn’s and Claudia’s very lives hang on Finn convincing the Court of something that even he doesn’t fully believe.

Meanwhile, Finn’s oathbrother Keiro and his friend Attia are still trapped inside Incarceron. They are searching for a magical glove, which legend says Sapphique used to escape. To find it, they must battle the prison itself, because Incarceron wants the glove too.

5 thoughts?:

Maria (Serpentine Library) November 17, 2010 at 6:52 AM  

I'm eagerly waiting for Sapphique as well. December 28th seems far away now, but it will come quicker than you think!

Laurel-Rain Snow November 17, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

This sounds fascinating...hope you enjoy it.

Here's what I found:

http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/waiting-on-wednesday-nov-17/

Mari - Escape In A Book November 17, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

Sooo.. I guess this means I should add Incarceron to my TBR pile then. I hate waiting for sequels as well, especially when the last book ended with a cliffhanger ending.

Julie November 17, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

I've had the same thing! Want, want, want Sapphique.

Lauren December 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

I need to read this too! It's been out here in the UK for a couple of years I think, but I somehow keep forgetting about it. I think if it had that lovely US cover I'd definitely have picked it up by now.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.