In My Mailbox (26)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren in which we share the books we received for the week.


Entwined by Heather Dixon
From Goodreads:
Azalea and her younger sisters dance in the mysterious silver forest every night, escaping from the sadness of the palace and their father’s grief. What they don’t understand—although as time passes they begin to get an inkling of the danger they are in—is that the mysterious and dashing Keeper is tightening his snare with deadly purpose. Luckily, Azalea is brave and steadfast. Luckily, a handsome young army captain also has his eye on Azalea. . . . Lush, romantic, and compelling, this debut novel by Heather Dixon will thrill fans of Shannon Hale, Robin McKinley, and Edith Pattou.

The arrival of this book triggered an odd little jig of sorts around the coffee table. I'm so in love with the cover and I expect that the story is equally as enchanting.


A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas
From Goodreads:
It's Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady-in-waiting, and if it weren't for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed.
Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants.

However, Christmas works in the most unexpected ways, changing a cynic to a romantic and inspiring passion in the most timid of hearts.

I really can't think of anything more delightful than spending the holiday with dear friends.

The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
From Goodreads:
Kate, Michael, and Emma have been in one orphanage after another for the last ten years, passed along like lost baggage.Yet these unwanted children are more remarkable than they could possibly imagine. Ripped from their parents as babies, they are being protected from a horrible evil of devastating power, an evil they know nothing about.Until now.Before long, Kate, Michael, and Emma are on a journey to dangerous and secret corners of the world...a journey of allies and enemies, of magic and mayhem. And—if an ancient prophesy is correct—what they do can change history, and it is up to them to set things right.The Emerald Atlas brims with humor and action as it charts Kate, Michael, and Emma's extraordinary adventures through an unforgettable, enchanted world.


Read the prologue here!

And from a very special book fairy:




Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
From Goodreads:
Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris — until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

21 thoughts?:

danya November 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

Oh you're so lucky to get Entwined! Can't wait for that one :)

Shantal November 13, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

I've been wanting to read Anna and the French kiss it's actually in my wish-list I shall wait to see how much you enjoy it :D. Great week!!

~The Book Pixie November 13, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

Anna and the French Kiss is on my wishlist and I have an ARC of Entwined that I can't wait to read! Hope you enjoy your books! :D

~Briana

Karlinha November 13, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

Omg!!! I want this books.

Sandy November 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

I hope Entwined is as enchanting as the cover-I haven't read any reviews for it yet...I read the prologue for The Emerald Atlas and it has me curious, rawr!

Of course, a wallflowers book. I passed by one when I was in the city today. I need to read those *head desk*

Holly November 13, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

A book fairy? I want one. And Entwined just has the loveliest cover - me want.

Amy November 13, 2010 at 9:55 PM  

Wonderful haul this week! A couple there that I'm hoping to read someday! Happy reading!

Little Miss Becky :) November 14, 2010 at 2:10 AM  

Oh, you got Entwined, you lucky girl!! I would have done a little jig about that, too! :D Enjoy your books!

Mari - Escape In A Book November 14, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

I would like to get my hands on The Emerald Atlas and Anna and the French Kiss sounds SO good.

Happy reading and have a wonderful week :)

Uniquely Moi Books November 14, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

Great books this week! Happy reading to you! Enjoy!

Jeremy November 14, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

The first book "Entwind" looks really interesting. Happy Reading!

Alison Can Read November 14, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

So lucky to get Anna and the French Kiss!!!!!
My IMM

Unknown November 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

A great selection of books!Im so Jealous! You got Anna and the French Kiss! Happy reading :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox
and don't forget to enter the giveaway

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Kelly November 14, 2010 at 10:36 AM  

Anna and the French Kiss! I want it so bad. Great books this week. Enjoy!

Jennifer November 14, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Entwined sounds like the Twelve Dancing Princesses, and The Emerald Atlas just sounds awesome! I want, I want it now. :)

Sugarbeat November 14, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

I'm looking forward to hearing what you thought about A Wallflower Christmas! It's on my Christmas list! Drop by www.sugarbeatsbooks.com to see my list. Happy reading :)

Justine November 14, 2010 at 3:09 PM  

Ooh I heard many great things about Anna and the French Kiss! Happy reading ;)

Tara November 14, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Whaaat! I cannot WAIT to read Entwined!! So jealous, haha! And Anna! Gah! Want! Hope you enjoy it all & have a great week!

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

Jessica Lawlor November 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Ohhhh! I cannot wait to read ANNA. Very jealous! Hope you enjoy your reads this week!

Here's what's in my mailbox!

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous November 14, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Looks like you got alot of good books enjoy them!

Heather @ Love Life and Reading November 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

hi fellow blogger! new to your blog here. would love if you could return the favor and follow my blog as well. got some awesome giveaways going on!

pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.