Cleaning house.....

So I've been on vacation for the past week in Orlando, FL.

Now Orlando is home to many many fabulous things...but one thing stands out above all the rest. It is perhaps the most fabulous thing in the whole of central Florida....



The Ikea Store


Dear Lord in heaven. Forget Disney. Who gives a crap about a talking mouse- but a multi-football field sized warehouse of innovative storage solutions and shiny, stream lined odds and ends? I would have waited in an hour long line for THAT.

It's a marvelous fairytale place boys and girls and I can't wait to go back. They sell easy to put together, inexpensive, GIANT WALLS OF BOOKSHELVES. AND I want one SO bad I might JUST DIE. But I have some bookcases and unless I got rid of them (and they're lovely) there isn't another place in the house that it would seem reasonable to put more. So alas, a wall of books isn't in my immediate future but some day...oh yes...it will be mine.



But that's not the point. The point is. I just need to get rid of some books so that the cases I do have look all nice and neat and ikea-ish. Truthfully, I own a lot of books that I'll never read again and the selfless thing to do would be to find those particular books a new home where they can get some long over due attention and book lovin'.

I just this morning separated a large chunk of the book fort into the to-go pile when I ran across THIS POST over at Pop Culture Junkie. The challenge is simple: it's basically to get rid of as much as you can in whatever way you can. And well, I need to.


Here is the list of what needs to go to start:

The Foretelling by Alice Hoffman
The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey
The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
Mistress of the Revolution by Cahterine Delors
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner
I Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles
Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracey Chevalier
The Virgin Blue by Tracey Chevalier
Falling Angels by Tracey Chevalier
Audrey Wait by Robin Benway
Inheritance by Lan Samantha Chang
My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent ARC
The King's Mistress by Emma Campion ARC
Breaking Dawn by Stephanie T. Meyer (makes a good door stop)
Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
Covet by J.R. Ward
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev (I have two? How?)
Evermore by Alyson Noel
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner
The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Confession of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig (Again, two?)
Nightlight by The Harvard Lampoon
Mercury Falls by Robert Kroese ARC
The Enemy by Charlie Higson ARC
Halo by Alexandria Adornetto ARC
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Girl Stolen by April Henry ARC
Wings by Aprillynne Pike
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Love Signs by Linda Goodman (astrology stuff)
The Saucy Sister's Guide to Wine Nowack & Wichman (I have no idea)

The plan is to give these away as creatively as possible. I'll give what I don't find homes for to a library (my local branch does not add donations to the collection. I have no idea why.) It's a big step for me and will no doubt leave me more vulnerable to an attack when the Zombie Apocalypse begins but I know that my time with these books has come to an end. Goodbye my darlings! I wish you well as you journey forth to new and exciting places!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

So they say...

About Me

My Photo
Laura @ A Jane of All Reads
I read excessively and hoard books like a greedy dragon. Theoretically, I also plan to use them to barricade myself against the forthcoming zombie apocalypse.

I accept books for review as long as they're good ones. Review Policy
View my complete profile

Appreciation

Because you took the time to visit, this is for you:

Blog contents © A Jane of All Reads 2011. Blogger Theme by NymFont. "Jane" avatar by Parajunkee.